Thursday, August 28, 2014

Six Questions With Kona Bikes Owner Jacob Heilbron!

Today we had the honor to have one of the owners of Kona Bikes in the shop!  Jake Heilbron stopped by as he was traveling through New England, making his way to Boston.  Jake let us know that Kona has been outpacing the industry which was no surprise to us as the Process series has been just killing it.  During the visit I was able to pull Jake aside for a couple minutes and ask him a few questions.


  • What would you say is the one thing that make Kona so special and/or different than other bike companies?
It has to be the people, there are many unique characters such as Paddy White and Dr. Dew!  
  • If you could ride a bike anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Anywhere that I am! I just enjoy riding my bike!
  • How many times a week do you get to ride your bike?
I ride everyday seeing how I commute to work on it, now that my kids are out of the house I will be able to finally ride on weekends too!
  • Who is the typical Kona customer?
The typical Kona customer is usually someone who thinks for themselves, also someone who is a unique rider who is looking to make their riding experience perfect! 
  • Are you happy with the size of Kona right now or are you still looking for growth?
If we wanted to be big when we started we could have! However we wanted to keep our brand in the specialty bike shops! Some people call  us "the little big, bike company"!
  • After a long ride, whats your favorite way to quench your thirst?
I would have to say an ice cold Molson Canadian!

Cheers to that Jake! Thanks for stopping by the shop! - Cutting Edge Crew!